A PRIMARY ROLE OF REALITIES FOR CHILDREN IS TO IDENTIFY THE UNMET NEEDS OF CHILD ABUSE SURVIVORS.
Through our collaborative partnership with nonprofit and government agencies, we understand the greatest needs of the children we serve. During the past several years, we have seen emergency services grow from 9 to 15 children a day on average. This increased need, coupled with the dramatic increase in sexual assault among minors, lack of wraparound support to facilitate ongoing care, and poor mental health support for survivors, has led to the perfect storm of depression, self-harm, anxiety, and suicide.
To address this increase in child exploitation cases and the resulting mental health and life-threatening impact, we require next-level resources and facilities accessible to youth recovering from trauma, abuse, and sexual assault.
Last year, this need became a step closer to a healing reality for our community. A local donor helped us purchase an adjoining 4 acres to the Realities For Children Homebase Campus – a beautiful piece of land that will allow us to build the Healing Sanctuary for needy children.
The Healing Sanctuary is freely accessible to all Partner Youth Agencies in our community, offering:
- The Inspiration Center – will host and provide additional facilities space for direct services, youth activities, and trauma-informed programs as part of wraparound care. This will be the largest service facility on the 8-acre Campus and serve as a community connector and the gateway from our children’s Homebase Youth Activities Campus to the Healing Sanctuary.
- Sexual Assault Healing Center – designed by therapists from the ground up with every element and resource necessary to create the most conducive environment for therapeutic healing for high-trauma physical and sexual assault survivors.
- Interactive Therapy Gardens – promoting psychological well-being. Working in gardens is a proven avenue for survivors to heal and cope with trauma-reducing depression and negative feelings.
- Therapy Farm – providing physical, psychological and social benefits to survivors of trauma and abuse. Improving general health, well-being and offering a connecting point with therapists and caregivers.
- Wraparound Support – is an intensive, individualized care that identifies the impediments that inhibit a survivor from receiving the care they need and then providing the individualized funding support so they can receive the therapeutic care they require.
YOU ARE INVITED TO BE PART OF THIS HEALING LEGACY.
Please consider choosing to be part of providing these world-class facilities, programs, and resources that will help to save and change the lives of trauma and sexual assault survivors in our community.
To learn more about becoming a major donor and learning about naming opportunities, email Craig or call 970-484-9090 x104 for more information and schedule a meeting.
Every gift of any size gets us a step closer to making this vision a reality for children – gifts of $5,000 or more will have a custom engraved brick in the healing garden.
Donations can be made directly online, or checks can be mailed to:
Realities For Children
308 E. County Rd 30
Fort Collins, CO 80525