Help raise awareness
PLANT A PINWHEEL
We invite you to pick up FREE pinwheels at the Realities For Children Homebase and 'plant' them in the community to show your support.
Join us in wearing BLUE every Friday in April to help bring awareness to the issues of child abuse in our community.
Share your time and talents to benefit children in need locally.
BE A VOICE
Child Abuse Prevention starts with each one of us! Call 844-CO-4-KIDS if you are concerned about child abuse and neglect.
Just how bad is the issue of child abuse in the United States?
- Every year, more than 4 million referrals are made to child protection agencies involving more than 4.3 million children (a referral can include multiple children).
- On average, a child abuse report is made every 10 seconds in the United States
- The United States has one of the worst records among industrialized nations – losing on average 5 children every day to child abuse and neglect.
- Child abuse crosses all socioeconomic and educational levels, religions, ethnic and cultural groups.
- More than 70% of the children who died as a result of child abuse or neglect were three years of age or younger.
- Around 80% of child maltreatment fatalities involve at least one parent as the perpetrator.
In 2022, Realities for Children
- Provided Emergency Funding services for 5,094 children
- Distributed needed items to 18,174 local children and families
- Provided Youth Activities for and facilities space for 5,240 children and guardians