Realities For Children provides critical Item Distributions to children who have faced abuse, neglect or are at-risk.
For monetary donations, please visit HERE.
Now more than ever we need your help in providing items for the children we serve. Last year we provided items to 5,765 children. Now with virtually every kinship, grandparent, foster and adoptive placement having children at home in response to COVID-19, we are in need of specific items to help during this period of homeschooling, with the loss of physical activity, social contact, and other entertainment.
In the interest of public health concerns, all items must be new, in original packaging with tags, and donations can only be accepted by appointment; please contact [email protected] or 970-484-9090 ext. 105. As an essential service, you are permitted to leave your home to drop off donations to us; we will meet you in our parking lot at a pre-arranged time.
If you would like to be part of our Delivery Volunteer Team, please learn more about KindConnect here.
Currently, the most needed NEW items include:
- Board games
- Sports equipment - water tables, basketballs, basketball hoops, soccer balls, water slides
- Arts and crafts, chalk, bubbles, and other activity sets
- "Busy boxes" - prefilled boxes with the above items
- Feminine hygiene products
- Diapers - especially in larger sizes
- Baby wipes
- Baby Formula
- iPads, tablets, laptops or Chromebooks (for virtual visits, safety checks, and schoolwork) - or VISA gift cards towards the purchase of these items
- Books: Spanish and baby board books needed only at this time
- Educational books and workbooks
- Gift cards for groceries, or for restaurants that offer delivery
For car donations, please visit HERE.
If you would like to mail any items, our address is
Realities For Children
308 East County Road 30
Fort Collins, CO 80525
NEW ITEMS ACCEPTED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR:
- School Supplies
- Gloves, mittens, scarves, hats
- Gift cards for places that teenagers enjoy (fast food restaurants, clothing stores, movie theaters)
If you would like to donate larger, gently used items like beds, strollers, cribs, high-chairs, pack N plays, appliances or other household items, please check out what is needed on KindConnect!
OUR PARTNER AGENCIES THAT ALSO ACCEPT NEW AND LIKE-NEW ITEM DONATIONS
- Adoption Dreams Come True Dream Room
- Alternatives to Violence and Safehouse Wish Lists
- Family Promise of Larimer County
- Family Housing Network
- Hearts & Horses Wish List
- Homeward Alliance Product Donations
- Project Self-Sufficiency Cars for Families and computers/printers
- The Family Center La Familia Wish List