Realities For Children’s Heartwarming Monthly Youth Activity – Tasty & Fun!
Despite the chilly weather, we had a great evening at our February Fireside Youth Activity was held at the Realities Homebase on February 11th.
Our Triumph firepit kept everyone warm as they toasted marshmallows for smores, and pinecone birdfeeders were made to hang around the campus in celebration of National Bird Feeding Month.
Our RFC therapy dog, Remi, even joined in the fun!
Our team and volunteers were blessed to bring smiles, fun, and this special youth activity to the children we serve. We are looking forward to seeing all the happy birds at Homebase and around our community!
Would you like to make a pinecone bird feeder? You can make one by following the instructions below:
Pinecone Bird Feeder
You will need:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 2-3 cups birdseed
- melt the peanut butter and butter together, stir until well mixed
- allow the peanut butter mixture to cool enough that it is not HOT to the touch
- while your mixture is cooling, tie a 6-8″ piece of cotton string to the tip of your pine cone
- dip your pinecone in the mixture until they are completely covered
- allow excess peanut butter to drip off
- roll the pinecone in the bird seed until thoroughly coated
- hand in nearby trees